Friday, July 9, 2010

I JUST NEED TO STOP

Ok, I know at some point I'm going to have to just officially bring THE TEXAS RENAISSANCE to a close but it's just too hard! Everyday we hit the lab I leave with another hit. Right now, it's not even a talent thing- it's just a zone thing. I feel like Jordan that day everything he shot was going in, all I can do is look at my hand & shrug my shoulders! lol
Last night, the homey David Sha came through to bless the project & the end result was a banger entitled "THIS DREAM." And if you think I'm just being biased towards my own work ask Mike B., he said this is not only his favorite song on the album so far but hands down his favorite song of the last 2 years! Sadly, I think I agree with him about it being my favorite song on the album so far. "THIS DREAM" is grown folks music with a feel good vibe- it reminds me of old school 2PAC songs that you could visualize him smiling while he was rapping on. Now don't get it confused, I am by no means comparing myself to the greatness that is PAC but good music is just good music, period. With that said, let me thank those who recognize that fact & have taken an active role in the progression of my career.
1st & foremost I have to thank my kinfolk and CEO Terry "Sir T" Davis for believing in my talent, seeing my vision & pushing me forward while keeping me grounded. If it wasn't for you cousin I never would've hooked up with the greatest producer in the world, the infamous Mike B.! I can't thank you enough B for this masterful piece of work that you've helped me create. If there is a better artist/producer duo in Houston than us then hell is frozen & heaven is full! lol I also have to thank Willie "Cool Rob" Roberson who has turned out to be the realest dude I've met in the last 10 years! You already know what it is Cool, you are officially family to me- forget this music stuff! And now on to the people who turned my team into a powerhouse- T. Flowers, Derrick McKinney. TEAM PKT IS A BEAST...that is all.

No comments: