Thursday, July 22, 2010

ALL I CAN SAY IS....WOW!

I don't know what it is about the entertainment industry that makes people feel like performers aren't regular people but whatever it is I damn sure don't want any! lol Even though I'm working on a very highly anticipated album right now, it never occurred to me that I was approaching "celebrity" status. Anyone who knows me knows that I have always been a laid back down to earth kinda guy, fame is not something I embrace at all. With all of the internet press and buzz surrounding the project it's getting really weird to have conversations with people who have been knowing me & are starting to treat me different. For the record, if we know each other personally, PLEASE don't call me PKT- address me by my real name! I promise you that I am still the same guy I was 3 years ago with the exception of a few material things that in no shape form or fashion define me. Come on people, stop putting me on a pedestal & creating a separation that doesn't exist- it's really awkward. Music is nothing more than my job so praise isn't necessary but appreciation is definitely appreciated! All I want to do is make good music & kick it with y'all like I always have. If you see me somewhere it's cool to holla at me, I chop it up with everybody! With that said, thanks for all the continued love & support and THE TEXAS RENAISSANCE is coming soon! Join TeamPKT on ReverbNation and add me on FACEBOOK and TWITTER! It's go time, LET'S GET IT!!!

No comments: