Monday, June 28, 2010

Taking It Back 2 The Streets

It is official! This weekend I hooked up with the homey J-Dawg of the infamous Boss Hogg Outlawz & we made history! Thanks to my platinum producing buddy Mike B. the homey & I created a smash street anthem entitled "In The Hood". Besides being a very talented artist & all around down to earth type of dude, I can honestly say without hesitation that J-Dawg is undoubtedly one of- if not the- realest brothers on the scene here in Houston (besides myself of course!). It's been a similar road to the top for us both so this song was definitely a must do! And even though our styles are nowhere near similar, the finished track was like a match made in Heaven.
Real talk, if you are a fan of mine then you know that I pride myself on being a very versatile artist whose main focus is on the lyricism of my craft. I do my best to convey my thoughts with metaphors & similes that will keep you thinking & appreciating the language arts. With that said, it's just something about the pain behind the straight forwardness J-Dawg brings that allows me to admit that I totally understand why he is one of the hottest cats in the streets right now. He was so humble & quiet in the studio but when he walked into the booth & removed his shirt it was like he totally transformed & the song did the same right along with him. I am proud to be able to say that I have worked with the people whom I personally respect on this project because at the end of the day the music speaks volumes. We'll be shooting the video real soon (probably in about 2 weeks) so I will keep you all abreast of that because we're definitely going to bring the hood out! In the meantime, download my homey's mixtape "Behind Tint Volume 2" below & check out the sneak leak of the song pre-mix. Also hit up the youtube, the homey Fetti from RISE DVD should be putting up footage from the session soon! Shoutout to my whole Migration Music & Team PKT family- Sir T, Cool Rob, Hitman Hoffa, KING, T. Rose, Mike B. & anyone else who continues to show love & support to my movement. The Texas Renaissance is coming soon.....

No comments: